Once in a while I have an ultra burst of productivity. Could be from the mix of boredom while I’m waiting for a mash temperature to be reached or a boil to hit it’s stride. In this case, I was incessantly fiddling with a Weissbier recipe and needed to distract myself so I didn’t continue screwing with mash temps and decoctions.
So in a moment of humble bragging and brewing pride, here is the most productive brewday in (my) brewing history:
- Set up Brewer’s Friend on a trial membership (ended up buying it, highly recommend).
- Set up the Fast Ferment conical plastic fermenter but subsequently realized it doesn’t fit in my fermentation chamber. Will be mounting to the wall or giving to a friend to ferment and then will review.
- Finally gave about 6 old growlers a solid Oxyclean soak after sitting in my brew cave for a few weeks.
- De-labeled and cleaned out a ton of bottles using my de-labeling method.
- Bottled the remaining Doppelbock so I can lager age it for a long time and free up the keg
- Sanitized the keg and put it on gas so it’s good to go for the next batch
- Brewed Hefeweizen (going for a Paulaner clone)
- Reorganized my brew space
- Set up my Hop trellis
So there you have it, a mix of humble bragging and brewing pride. What has been your most productive brew day?